Maintain law and order and serve legal process of the courts by performing duties, including but not limited to; processing citizen complaints, documenting and writing reports on law violations, transporting prisoners, service of civil process, and overall general law enforcement in the county.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and reside in the State of Missouri.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess current Missouri P.O.S.T. certification or equivalent from another state.
- Must be able to work rotating 12-hour shifts.
- Must meet vision, hearing and physical agility standards (WorkSTEPS®).
- Must possess a valid Missouri driver’s license.
- Be able to pass a reference and background investigation, which may include a polygraph/voice stress exam.
- Be able to relocate within Newton County in a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the Sheriff.
- All probationary deputies must successfully pass NCSO field training program.