Park Police Officer
Salary: $28.50 per hour.
Open until filled
The Johnson County Park & Recreation District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Park Police Officer I who have strong communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy community policing. If you are such a person we strongly encourage you to join our progressive Gold Medal Team as the District continues unprecedented growth through the development of new parks, trails, recreation facilities, programs and events.
Park Police Officer I is an entry level law enforcement position. A Park Police Officer I performs uniformed patrol of JCPRD properties as assigned, protects and assists park visitors, safeguards facilities and park resources, enforces Kansas laws and JCPRD Park Codes, detects crimes, and arrests offenders. The Park Police Officer I also presents interpretive and other educational programs on cultural and environmental topics.
- Minimum 21 years of age. High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of college course work and law enforcement experience, preferred.
- Able to pass background investigation and polygraph examination.
- No felony convictions, no domestic violence convictions, diversions, or expungements.
- Good moral character.
- Complete a psychological evaluation.
- Be free of any physical or mental condition that might adversely affect the performance of a police officer’s duties.
- Ability to complete the Regional Police Academy and Field Training Program (training is paid) during performance trial period.
- Must be a US citizen.