P.O.S.T. Certified Police Officer
8/17/2022 4:00 PM Central
POST CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER APPLICANTS WILL BE HIRED AS POLICE OFFICERS WITH A STARTING SALARY OF $50,893.21.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety of citizens and property by preventing, reporting, investigating, and analyzing crime within the City limits.
- Patrols assigned zone and interacts with citizens.
- Responds to call for service.
- Prevents, detects, and investigates criminal activity.
- Enforces state and federal laws, City ordinances, and issues citations.
- Assists other officers in active investigations.
- Investigates crash and crime scenes, documents calls, files reports, and prepares case files for judicial proceedings.
- Interviews victims, witnesses, and suspects.
- Issues search warrants and conducts searches of persons and property.
- Prepares court cases, communicates with district attorney’s office, and appears in court to testify.
- Inspects and maintains assigned equipment.
- Attends training sessions.
- Provides security at community events.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Requires a certification as a Police Officer.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America or a permanent legal resident of the United States who is an honorably discharged veteran of the United States armed forces. As required by T.C.A. § 38-8-105(d), an officer who is permanent legal resident as of the officer’s employment start date must apply for or obtain U.S. citizenship within six (6) years of the officer’s employment start date; failure to obtain U.S. citizenship within six (6) years of the officer’s employment start date shall constitute grounds for termination of the officer’s employment.
- Must meet minimum visual requirement of 20/30 each eye corrected and have enough visual acuity to act to protect self and others in emergency situations uncorrected.
- Meet all lawful qualifications established by Tennessee law to be certified by the Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission (“P.O.S.T.”), T.C.A. Section 38-8-106 and regulations as same may be amended.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission P.O.S.T. certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be certified by a Tennessee Licensed Health Care Provider qualified in the psychiatric or psychological fields as being free from any disorder, as set forth in the current edition of the DSM that would, in the professional judgment of the examiner, impair the subject’s ability to perform any essential function of the job.