Non-Certified Law Enforcement Officer
Patrol assigned areas to deter and/or detect violations. Maintain order and enforce state statutes and regulations. Exercise arrest powers and testify in court. Investigate disturbances. Complete reports and documents. Disseminate information in a timely manner. Maintain security of all properties as promulgated by statutes and regulations. Assist with order and proper discipline at the Chambers of the Legislature, Governor’s mansion, State Capitol Complex and other state buildings and facilities. Provide protective services for the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, their families and other state officials.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a US citizen and at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a resident of South Carolina and have a valid South Carolina driver’s license prior to the effective date of hire.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal job functions of a BPS Officer.
- Selected applicants will be required to submit to an extensive background check to include; credit check, criminal history, driver’s record, history of drug use, a polygraph examination and take a urinalysis test to screen for illegal substances prior to appointment.
- The background investigation will consist of contacting ALL of your former employers, and at the due time your current employer.