Male and Female Detention Officer
Open Until Filled
- Direct supervision of inmates.
- Maintain order and enforce established rules and regulations while adhering to policies and procedures.
- Documenting and entering appropriates actions and occurrences in log books and computer databases.
- Transport inmates to and from court and other locations.
- Ensure nutritional needs of inmates are met.
- Monitor and maintain security of facility and grounds.
- Search and secure inmates, visitors, and cells to ensure security and safety.
- Conduct safety and sanitation inspections.
- Process and book new inmates accordingly.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a high school graduate, or equivalent (G.E.D).
- Must have completed jailer certification course or be willing and able to complete within 1 year of employment.
- Not have committed or been convicted of a crime or crimes as specified in NCAC 10B, 0307.
- Had a medical examination by a licensed physician.
- Notify the standards division in writing of all criminal offenses with which the officer is charged, pleads no contest to, pleads guilty to, or is found guilty of.
- Be of good moral character.