Law Enforcement Trainee
Salary: $62,892.44 – $110,162.00 Annually.
Under specific direction of a Law Enforcement Sergeant, assists with the performance of non-emergency police work and attendance at the Police Academy. Employee functions at entry staff level to assist with law enforcement duties. Specific assignments are received from a Law Enforcement Sergeant or superior officer, however, employee must be capable of reacting with independent judgment and initiative in dealing with routine and non-emergency situations.
- Enforces vehicle parking and operating laws; issues and explains citations for violations.
- Assists Law Enforcement Officers with investigations of wanted and missing persons, and stolen property; assists in the preparation of police reports.
- Directs traffic and assists pedestrians at intersections.
- Prepares various daily and periodic written reports and departmental forms; maintains logs; completes forms; prepares speed reports.
- Assists with natural disaster preparedness and emergency response; directs evacuation traffic.
- Assists with animal control services.
- Attends training academy, training sessions and seminars as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college, OR
- Two years of active duty in the Military ANDa minimum of 60 credit hours from an accredited college in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- All candidates that qualify for the reduced 60 college credit requirement must sign a contract agreeing to complete their Bachelor’s Degree within 5 years of hire.
- Credits must be degree seeking credits not attained as a result of Police Academy attendance.
- Meet the requirements outlined for Law Enforcement Officers pursuant to Florida State Statute and meet minimum standards as set forth by the Broward College Institute of Public Safety and the City of Coral Springs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and a United States Citizen.
- Possess a current valid Florida driver’s license and acceptable driving record.