Law Enforcement Officer
Benefits: Paid holiday, vacation, sick, medical, dental, vision, pension, 401(k)
Department: 6000 Law Enforcement
Performs the duties and functions of a sworn police officer serving an international airport.
- Patrols terminals and Airport Property to ensure property is secure.
- Enforces motor vehicle and criminal laws.
- Investigates incidents and writes reports investigates traffic collisions and completes collision reports, enforces Transportation Security Administration (TSA) violation.
- Engages in crowd control; and performs other duties as required.
- One year experience as a law enforcement officer preferred.
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- Must hold current North Carolina Law Enforcement officer certification.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances, aviation & TSA rules and regulations.
- Ability to deal firmly and courteously with the public.
- React quickly and courageously in emergencies.
- Work in adverse weather conditions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
- Operate a motor vehicle under normal and emergency conditions.
- Meet specific physical requirements - successfully pass a physical agility test consisting of sit ups, push ups, 300 meter run, and one and one-half mile run.