Lateral Transfer Police Officer
Salary range: $39.40 to $41.56.
The purpose of the position of Police Officer is for the protection of life and property, prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals and the enforcement of laws and ordinances. The work is performed under the direction of a Police Sergeant.
- Patrols residential and commercial property within the Village of Bloomingdale, both by vehicle and
physical check, to observe, prevent and terminate unlawful acts; maintains radio contact with dispatch; reports crimes or unusual situations; responds to calls and backs up other units as required.
- Responds to calls involving traffic accidents and other serious incidents; secures incident and accident scenes to protect victims and property; gives first aid and calls for medical assistance; interviews participants and witnesses; collects other related information for completing reports.
- Facilitates the movement of people and vehicles, enforces all traffic regulations; controls and redirects traffic in congested areas and scenes of emergency or danger; promotes traffic safety; assists stranded motorists; enforces parking restrictions; controls crowds; prevents blockage of sidewalks, streets and other public accesses.
- Operates a radar unit in monitoring for speed of traffic; stops violators and issues warnings or citations; if necessary, conducts appropriate tests for determination of intoxication.
- Responds to a wide range of citizen needs and requests, such as accidents, rescue efforts, searching for missing persons, alarm calls, in-progress felonies and misdemeanors.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be twenty-one (21) years of age or more at the time of application.
- Must have 1 year as a currently employed as a full-time sworn Illinois certified law enforcement officer continuously with the same agency.
- Possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Have a High School Diploma (or its equivalent).
- Be of good moral character and be able to perform all the duties and tasks assigned to a Bloomingdale Police Officer.
- Not have been convicted of any felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
- Be free from the use of illegal drugs.
- Must be able to fully disclose all personnel matters including any agreements and any sealed files.