Lateral Police Officer
Lateral Police Officer candidates will enjoy our professional and healthy work environment, dedicated resources for training and equipment, and career opportunities. Our Patrol Division offers a good balance of calls for service and case follow-up, which makes for a well-rounded officer.
$82,788.00 – $95,892.00 Annually
• Provide quality customer service to the community and internal department members as well as provides emergency aid, security and protection to the citizens of Redmond
• Patrol business and residential areas
• Respond to requests for information and assistance
• Investigate criminal activity
• Engage in long-term solution oriented activities which enhance the safety and wellbeing of residents
• Ensure the proper enforcement of laws and regulations.
• Provides formal and informal leadership on a daily basis and creates a positive work environment for organizational members.
Education and Experience required for Lateral Police Officers:
• Employed as a full-time, sworn, law enforcement officer for a minimum of 24 months within the last five years.
• Completed 90 quarter/60 semester hours from a nationally accredited college or university at the time of application.
• Provide copy of certification or transcript from Washington State or an equivalent Basic Law Enforcement Academy that satisfies the Washington Criminal Justice Training Commission requirements.
NOTE: If you don't meet these minimum qualifications, but would like to pursue a law enforcement career with the City of Redmond in Washington, please consider applying to our Entry Police Officer position via www.publicsafetytesting.com.
Licenses and Requirements:
• Possess a valid Washington State Driver's license upon hire.
• Be at least 21 years of age when the eligibility list is certified.
• United States citizenship is required or be a lawful permanent resident.
• Successfully pass Redmond Police Department Background Investigation.