Lateral Police Officer
Salary/Pay Rate: $77,613-$109,076
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
Applicants must be certified by ILETSB Standards Board (ILETSB) and possess a 2-year college degree, which may be in any major/ field of study. State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board and meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application to be considered for the position:
(Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement.)
- United States citizen or naturalized citizen
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Education: Associates Degree or equivalent there of
- Experience: At least two (2) years of experience as a full-time sworn, certified law enforcement officer with an Illinois law enforcement agency within the last two (2) years
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid FOID card
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examination and training requirements and perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to furnish upon request, a copy of the following: professional licenses; training certificates; documents confirming work experience; employee evaluations; and any other employment related material as requested or required.
Lateral Entry Eligibility List
Lateral hire applicants who have met all hiring prerequisites and successfully completed the required portions of the process will be placed upon the final eligibility register for lateral entry in order of their relative excellence, based upon their scores. Additions will be made to the list as new applications are received and candidates interviewed. New eligible candidates will be placed in rank order dependent on their score. An individual who has been on the final register of eligibles for lateral entry for more than two (2) years and has not been certified for hire shall be removed from the list.