Lateral Police Officer
Salary range: $24.30 – $30.90.
Open until filled
Colville Tribal Police Officers perform a variety of law enforcement tasks including routine investigations of crimes, citizen calls for service, testifying in court, security, and traffic control services. Colville Tribal Police Officers are also encouraged to develop expertise in specialized areas of law enforcement which can be used for investigations, trainings, and assisting other agencies. Colville Tribal Police Officers will possess, Tribal, State and possibly Federal commissions.
- Requires High School graduate or GED;
- Successful completion of the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission (WSCJTC) and/ or Basic Law Enforcement Academy, and / or equivalent, or Bureau of Indian Affairs Federal Law Enforcement Training Center;
- A minimum of twenty-four (24) months of the last thirty-six (36) months of full-time paid service as a sworn police officer in a civilian governmental jurisdiction;
- Be at least 21 years of age at time of examination;
- Citizenship at time of examination;
- Read, write and speak the English Language;
- Must meet or exceed the Federal Law Enforcement Center (FLETC) physical fitness standarads;
- Must be willing to establish permanent residency within a 15 minute response time to the Colville Reservation, by the end of the employee’s probationary period.