Lateral Police Officer
$76,481.60 – $113,006.40 Annually
The City of Redding is accepting applications for the position of Lateral Police Officer within the Redding Police Department. We are seeking motivated individuals with a strong commitment toward providing excellent service to the members of the community. The Mission of the Redding Police Department is to work in partnership with the community to protect life and property, solve neighborhood problems, and enhance the quality of life in our City.
Education and Experience:
- Typical education includes a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Currently working with another agency OR meet California POST standards for a Police Officer.
- Completion of probation and one (1) year of street patrol experience.
- Applicants must attach a copy of a Basic POST certification.
- Minimum age of 21 years at time of appointment as a peace officer per government code section 1031.4
- No felony convictions.
- Shall be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- Possession of the appropriate California driver’s license, or the ability to acquire one within ten days of appointment.