Lateral Police Officer
$34.09 – $45.68 Hourly
Are you an experienced police officer who enjoys serving others? Do you seek a challenging and rewarding position while fulfilling your passion for law enforcement? The City of Beaverton is accepting applications for Lateral Police Officers. Come join a community-supported and accredited agency committed to innovation, compassion, and a dedication to serving the culturally rich community of Beaverton.
Police officers require the ability to learn a considerable amount of factual material such as laws, statutes, regulations, ordinances and procedures, understand sometimes complex oral and written instructions, act effectively and calmly in emergency situations, operate assigned equipment skillfully and safely, prepare clear, concise yet comprehensive reports, analyze situations quickly and objectively, work effectively with the public, other agencies, and other employees.
Perform duties in the Officer classification and other related duties as assigned including but not limited to:
- Enforce criminal and traffic laws
- Make arrests
- Issue citations
- Investigate accidents
- Patrol roads, highways and businesses
- Write reports
- Appear in court
- Handle prisoners
- Communicate by radio
- Educate the public
- Provide services to residents
- Contribute to the promotion of organizational values, including personal and professional development; diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging; actively promote the value of respect in a multicultural society
- Have completed a state certified police academy
- Passed a probationary period of not less than one (1) year with a law enforcement agency as a full-time sworn officer
- Have been employed as a full-time sworn police officer within the last five (5) years
- Have at least a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Meet moral fitness and criminal record requirements for certification as a police officer in the State of Oregon
- Must be a US citizen within 18 months of hire or a nonimmigrant legally admitted to the United States under a Compact of Free Association
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet the city’s driving standards