Lateral Police Officer
$31.20 – $43.91 Hourly
6/30/2023 12:00 AM Arizona
We Are SeekingTeam Gilbert has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Lateral Police Officer. The Police Officer reports to a Police Sergeant. The primary function of this position is to perform general and specialized law enforcement work to preserve public peace and protect lives, property and the rights of the public and enforce statutory law and municipal ordinances. The work involves patrolling streets and neighborhoods to deter crime and apprehend or arrest violators or suspects, responding to calls for law enforcement assistance and gathering information for criminal investigations.
At Team Gilbert, we hire outcome-oriented problem-solvers who love what they do! We are currently hiring for the following positions, please find the individual requirements below.
Arizona Lateral Officer:
- You are currently (or have within the last three (3) years) been a full-time sworn peace officer in the State of Arizona AND
- You worked in that capacity for at least 2080 hours after graduating from a law enforcement academy. (Academy training time does not count toward the 2080-hour requirement)
Out-of-State Lateral Officer:
- You worked in a full-time sworn peace officer capacity for at least 2080 hours after graduating from a state certified law enforcement academy. (Academy training time does not count toward the 2080-hour requirement)
- You will have to submit a waiver of training and will have to pass an Arizona POST waiver examination. (Arizona POST Rule R13-4-110D)
Open Enrollment Officer:
- You graduated from an Arizona law enforcement academy within the past one (1) calendar year, but have not been appointed by a law enforcement agency.
Ideal candidates for the position will effectively exceed customer needs by building productive relationships, and taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty. You actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals and produce quality outcomes. You are committed to our safety philosophy, and you take great pride in proactively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently while accomplishing objectives and achieving goals beyond what is required.