Lateral Police Officer
Salary range: $7,084 – $8,610 monthly.
Open Until Filled
Under general supervision, the Police Officer performs law enforcement duties in an assigned area; protects public health, safety, and welfare in accordance with all applicable laws and ordinances; carries out special assignments as necessary; and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Be at least 21 years of age at time of appointment;
- Possess a valid California Class “C” Driver’s License at time of appointment;
- Currently employed, or employed within 180 days as a Sworn Peace Officer with another California Police Department, Sheriff’s Department, Highway Patrol, or Law Enforcement Agency;
- Must attain qualifying results on all applicable pre-selection examinations which may include but not be limited to: oral appraisal, written exam, practical exam, and physical fitness test;
- Must successfully pass the pre-employment process, which includes a comprehensive background investigation, psychological examination, polygraph test, medical examination, and drug screen;
- Must not have any felony convictions (certain misdemeanor offenses or any offense reflecting lack of character, judgement, or morals may also be cause for disqualification);
- Vision must be correctable to 20/40 in both eyes;
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship (citizenship must be attainable within three years of application filing);
- Military Discharge Status: Discharges other than “Honorable Discharge” will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may be cause for disqualification.