Lateral Patrol Officer
Recruit salary is $33,000
Deputy 1 salary is $47,250.00 (plus $6,000 state supplemental pay of $6,000 is $53,250.00)
Deputy 2 salary is $49,770.00 (plus $6,000 state supplemental pay of $6,000 is $55,770.00)
Deputy 3 salary is $52,290.00 (plus $6,000 state supplemental pay of $6,000 is $58,290.00)
Deputy 4 salary is $54,810.00 (plus $6,000 state supplemental pay of $6,000 is $60,810.00 )
Protecting our community by upholding the law…Creating peace when the situation is heightened…
Remaining calm and using authority properly… If you want to protect and serve, consider becoming a Jefferson Parish Police Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Deputy Sheriff is to protect life and property and enforce laws and ordinances on behalf of the citizens. Duties include patrolling assigned geographical areas, responding to crimes in progress, investigation of crimes and motor vehicle accidents, transporting prisoners, testifying in court, and resolving juvenile, neighborhood and domestic complaints. Additional duties include serving warrants, crisis intervention, interviewing persons with complaints, as well as witnesses, investigating natural and unnatural deaths and thorough documentation of activities by report writing.
Officers are expected to use a reasonable amount of force necessary to carry out their duties and are required to handle a variety of potentially volatile and dangerous situations in a calm, confident and effective manner.
- Graduate from an accredited senior high school or GED equivalent.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a Certified Peace Officer recognized by the State of Louisiana.
- Must be a US citizen and be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work rotating shift assignments and maintain proper attendance.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation consisting of a background check, polygraph, psychological evaluation, medical evaluation, and physical agility evaluation.