Lateral Entry Police Officer
Salary/Pay Rate: $77,613-$109,076
Posted Date: 06/22/2022 2:30 PM
The Elk Grove Village Police Department, an accredited Cook and DuPage County, Illinois agency, is seeking qualified, experienced police officers for immediate lateral entry. The Department offers competitive salary and benefits along with future growth and advancement opportunities.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
Applicants for lateral appointment to the position of Elk Grove Village police officer must be an Illinois Certified Police Officer and meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application to be considered for the position:
- State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board(Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement.)
- United States citizen or naturalized citizen
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Education: Associates Degree or equivalent thereof
- Experience: At least two (2) years of experience as a full-time sworn, certified law enforcement officer with an Illinois law enforcement agency within the last two (2) years
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid FOID card
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examination and training requirements and perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to furnish upon request, a copy of the following: professional licenses; training certificates; documents confirming work experience; employee evaluations; and any other employment related material as requested or required.