Lateral/Certified Police Officer
Job Closing Date:
Saturday, September 30, 2023 – 4:00pm
The City of Central Point seeks to develop a pool of qualified applicants to create a hiring list for current and future, anticipated LATERAL/CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER vacancies.
To be considered for the LATERAL/CERTIFIED Police Officer you must be:
- A currently certified police officer; or
- previously certified police officer whose certificate has lapsed less than three years ago.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
In addition to be considered for this position, you must:
- be 21 years of age at the time of appointment
- have, or be able to obtain, a valid Oregon driver’s license at the time of appointment
- have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- be able to provide proof of legal eligibility to work in the USA
- possess or obtain US citizenship per OAR 259-008-0010
- not have any felony convictions or domestic violence convictions
- have an acceptable driving record
- be able to pass physical (including hearing and visual) and psychological examinations
- be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen
- be able to fully meet D.P.S.S.T. standard (OAR 259-008-0010) for employment as a law enforcement officer