Institutional Police Officer
Under supervision, provides police services designed to provide assistance and protection to members of the University community and its guests. To enforce the rules, laws and regulations of the University and of the State of New Jersey.
– Patrols and maintains security of all campus properties, as well as contiguous streets.
– Responsible for making reports, both oral and written, of any irregularities, dangerous conditions, accidents and any other circumstances requiring police assistance.
– Responds to and investigates calls for service and citizen complaints; initiates corrective action when appropriate, and completes thorough written reports accurately describing action taken.
– Acts in accordance with provisions of the New Jersey Criminal Code and Departmental policies and procedures.
– Proactively prevents crime by engaging in foot, vehicle and bicycle patrols of the entire campus and surrounding areas.
– Must be able to remain calm and decisive in emergencies, performing all duties tactfully and judiciously with a high degree of professionalism. 7. Contributes to the professional image of the Department and the University by conforming to standards of dress, conduct and behavior.
– Maintains crowd control during university events.
– Must be a US citizen.
– Must possess a valid drivers license.
– Must pass NJSACOP written and oral exams and one or more oral interviews.
– Must pass medical and psychological examinations as required.
– Must be high school graduate or equivalent.
– Must be able to qualify with the department issued firearm pursuant to the schedule and course of fire as determined by the Attorney General of New Jersey.
– Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.