Full-time Police Officer
Our Police Department is looking for motivated officers to join its growing team! The full-time Police Officer position will be responsible for performing police patrol, investigation, traffic regulation, and related law enforcement activities.
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits; lateral transfers are encouraged to apply and will receive additional consideration, DOQ. Additionally, our department has a clear mission and vision, a cohesive team, numerous opportunities for professional development, and strong City Council and community support.
Why work for the City of Rosemount?
- New, state-of-the-art Public Safety Facility in 2024! Facility will include training range, fitness center, etc.
- Officer Wellness and Heart Health programs
- Officer mental health program with peer-to-peer support
- 80 hours of City-paid paternity/maternity leave
- Bank of 96 holiday hours
- Longevity pay structure – up to 9% on top of listed wage
- Educational incentive pay/education reimbursement
- Annual clothing allowance of $950
- Detective/Investigator monthly stipend of $325
There are ample opportunities for officers’ growth, including: Field Training Officer, Firearms and Use of Force Instructor, Investigations, Drug Task Force Investigator, School Resource Officer, Community Engagement Officer, SWAT Operator, Mobile Field Force Operator, Patrol/Investigative Sergeant, and more!
Applicants must be eligible for POST licensure by January 1, 2024 and successfully complete a pre-employment medical examination, drug test, psychological evaluation, and background check.
This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rosemountmn
We welcome you to contact us with any questions at 651-423-4491. EOE.