Entry Police Officer
Salary/Pay Rate: $74,755.20 annually; $81,848.00 after probation
Works uniformed patrol to identify and apprehend suspects for criminal violations, enforces traffic laws, responds to calls for service, responds to disturbances, submits written reports, and testifies in court.
Essential Job Functions
1. Enforces traffic laws, investigates traffic accidents, and directs traffic.
2. Responds to calls for service; investigates and arrests suspects in criminal offenses, and provides assistance in non-criminal matters.
3. Submits written reports, as required.
4. Conducts directed and preventive patrol.
5. May serve in specialized assignments, which may require additional and unique job functions and require specific skills, knowledge, and abilities.
6. Works an assigned shift which may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
7. Obtains and maintains TCIC/NCIC and CJIS access.
8. Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent. 30 hours from an accredited school, college or university. The 30 college hours may be waived for those who have completed at least two years as a sworn peace officer or those who have been honorably discharged from the United States military. Associate’s degree preferred. Up to one year in related experience preferred. Texas Basic Peace Officer’s License or ability to acquire one upon completion of an approved Police academy required. Valid State of Texas driver’s license with good driving record.