Entry Level Police Officer
$31.58 – $51.46 Hourly
8/19/2022 5:00 PM Pacific
The Woodburn Police Department is currently hiring Entry Level Police Officers to perform a variety of law enforcement duties, such as responding to and investigating diverse incident scenes; patrolling assigned areas; enforcing laws and ordinances; making arrests; preserving crime scene evidence; summarizing events in report format; and performing preventative community policing for culturally diverse neighborhoods and may be assigned to specialized units or teams in department.
- Be at least 21 years old at date of hire,
- Be a U.S. Citizen or have the ability to become one within 18 months of hire,
- Participate in competitive testing including physical fitness testing, reading comprehension, writing skills, written, physical/vision, hearing and psychological examinations, and be able to pass strict Police Department background investigation and drug testing.
- Pass the pre-employment drug test
- Pass the pre-employment background check.
- Be able to work periodic overtime and a variety of 24 hour rotating shifts including holidays and weekends.
High School graduate or have completed a G.E.D.
- Ability to complete departmental recruit training course and to gain eligibility for Basic Certificate issued by the Oregon Board of Public Safety Standards and Training.
- Possess and maintain a valid Oregon class C driver’s license or out of state equivalent and an acceptable driving record.
- Bilingual language skills in Spanish/English or Russian/English
- Post high school education and/or degree in criminal justice, public or business administration, sociology, psychology or a related field