Entry-Level Police Officer
The City of Urbana invites qualified applicants for the position of Entry-Level Police Officer. Officers perform police protection and other services to safeguard the lives, property, and constitutional rights of the citizens of Urbana. Duties include investigating complaints, disturbances, accidents, and reported criminal activities; testifying in court; training new police officers; responding to crime and accident scenes, emergency situations and other requests for assistance; detecting, apprehending and arresting criminals; enforcing the laws and ordinances of the City; and performing a variety of specialized duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications include:
• High school diploma or equivalent high school education
• At least 21 years of age and not more than 34 years of age by exam date. You may exceed the age of 35 years by the number of years served on active military duty, but by no more than 10 years of active military duty or if you have previous police officer experience. (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6)
• U.S. Citizen
• Valid driver’s license
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to help and serve others
• Physically fit and ability to pass a medical and a physical agility exam.
• Able to pass a psychological exam and background check