Entry-Level Police Officer
Salary: $6,185.00 – $7,512.00 Monthly.
Under general supervision performs police patrol, investigation and traffic regulation to prevent crime, maintain law and order and identify and apprehend suspects; and performs other related law enforcement activities as required.
- Works on rotating shifts performing security patrols, traffic control, investigation and first aid at accidents, detection, investigation and arrest of persons involved in crimes or misconduct.
- Operates a Police car, police radio, radar gun, handgun, taser gun, side handle baton, handcuffs, breathalyzer, pager, first aid equipment and any other specially assigned equipment.
- Works an assigned shift using own judgment in deciding course of action being expected to handle difficult and emergency situations without assistance.
- Maintains normal availability by radio or telephone for consultation on major emergencies or precedent.
- Carries out duties in conformance with Federal, State, County, and City laws and ordinances.
- Patrols City streets, parks, commercial and residential areas to preserve the peace and enforce the law, control vehicular traffic, prevent or detect and investigate misconduct involving misdemeanors, felonies and other law violations and to otherwise serve and protect.
- Responds to emergency radio calls and investigates accidents, robberies, civil disturbances, domestic disputes, fights, drunkenness, missing children, prowlers, abuse of drugs, etc.
- Takes appropriate law enforcement action.
- Interrogates suspects, witnesses and drivers.
- Preserves evidence.
- Arrests violators.
- Investigates and renders assistance at scene of vehicular accidents.
- Summons ambulances and other law enforcement vehicles.
- Certificate of completion from Basic police Academy or Successful completion of Modules I, II, & III.
- Possession of a valid and appropriate California driver’s license issued by the State of California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Equivalent to graduation from the twelfth grade and satisfactory completion of the California Peace Officers Standards Training.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is desirable.