Entry Level Police Officer
Thank you for your interest in the Entry Level Police Officer position with the City of Altoona’s Police Department. The City of Altoona is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against persons (applicant or employee) because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Entry Level Police Officer Requirements:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be 21 years of age on or before the date of employment
- Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle
- Must have graduated from an accredited high school or have a Graduate Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- Must be of high moral character and submit to a Computerized Voice Stress Analysis (CVSA) test
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the full duties of a Police Officer
- Must agree to psychological and physical examinations if offered employment
All applications must be completed and submitted with a copy of your valid driver’s license and applicable military documentation, to the Human Resources Department no later than Noon on Friday, September 22, 2023.