Entry Level- Police Officer
Salary: $61,193.60 – $116,521.60 Annually.
The Howard County Police Department is a nationally accredited agency of more than 700 employees, sworn and civilian, dedicated to creating a better quality of life for the citizens of Howard County. It is the mission of the Howard County Police Department to provide a secure environment for the citizens of Howard County by protecting life and property, reducing the opportunity for crime and disorder, enforcing the law, assisting victims and providing other police-related services as required by the community in a manner consistent with the values of a free society. HCPD embraces the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police. We are committed to resolving problems collaboratively through a partnership between the department and our community.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be age 21 by the swearing-in ceremony (post-academy).
- Possession of a High School diploma or GED (high school equivalency certificate) acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission regulation.
- Have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions, defined as any crime that would carry more than 1 year incarceration.