Entry Level Police Officer
Salary: $79,344.00 – $102,648.00 Annually.
- This position provides first line duty in the protection of life and property of the citizens of the community including the enforcement of laws and ordinances, the preservation of the peace, apprehension of criminals, control of non-criminal conduct and the application of services to the community.
- Police protection is provided by the City 24 hours a day. Individual officers may be assigned to either an 8, 9 or 10 hour shifts, depending on shift assignment.
- Responsible for assigned areas within the city for patrol by various means (i.e. patrol vehicle, bicycle, foot, etc.) for constant observation of all properties within the assigned area, work traffic on a selective basis and is available and responsible for answering all calls of any nature during assigned duty hours, (i.e. domestic, emergency, accident, etc.).
- Investigate crimes and complaints against persons & property such as murder, assault, manslaughter, robbery, rape, various sex crimes, burglary, theft and other reported crimes, and prepare and document appropriate reports and evidence.
- Perform public relations work in public safety, law enforcement, traffic accidents and crime prevention, and make routine checks of public dances, licensed liquor establishments and other public gatherings (i.e. sporting events, or other special community events).
- Render assistance and information to the public as well as emergency first aid or lifesaving methods to accident victims or persons unable to help themselves.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Must be 21 years of age (must be a minimum of 20 1/2 years of age to test).
- A U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully complete the 720 hour basic training academy during the initial period of employment.
- Possess a current State Department of L&I Basic First Aid Card or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- Be certified by the Washington State Toxicologist in operation of the breathalyzer or ability to obtain within 90 days.