Entry-level Police Officer
The Beaverton Police Department is accepting applications for entry level Police Officers. If you want to make a real impact within the diverse Beaverton community, enjoy a variety of tasks and duties at work, and thrive in a professional, progressive, proactive organization, this may be the opportunity for you!
Perform duties in the Officer classification and other related duties as assigned including but not limited to:
- Enforce criminal and traffic laws
- Make arrests
- Issue citations
- Investigate accidents
- Patrol roads, highways and businesses
- Write reports
- Appear in court
- Handle prisoners
- 90 college credit hours and/or work skills and life experience that are relevant to a law enforcement career.
- 21 years of age or older by the time of hire.
- A US citizen within 18 months of hire or a non-immigrant legally admitted to the United States under a Compact of Free Association.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet the city’s driving standards .
- May never have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor that reflects adversely on the capacity to serve as a police officer.
- Able to pass written exam, physical agility test and run a mile under nine minutes.
- Abie to pass background and reference check, drug screen, medical and psychological evaluation.
- Abie to obtain Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) within 18 months of date of hire.
- Able to work varied shifts including weekends and holidays.