Entry Level – Police Officer
Do you have a strong desire to serve, protect and impact your community in a positive way? Is public service something you are passionate about? We have the opportunity you are looking for. Salem Police Department is currently hiring entry level Police Officers.
$29.68 – $37.83 Hourly
10/14/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
How to Prepare for the Written Test
Applicants take the Frontline Police Test. This is a three part exam lasting 2-hours. Learn how to prepare for the Frontline Police Test.
• Must pass the NTN Frontline National Test and submit valid test results to the City through NTN's website (valid test results are results that are current or no more than one year old from time of application).
• Must pass the ORPAT and submit valid test results to the City through NTN's website (valid test results are results that are current or no more than six months old from time of application). If you already have a current ORPAT score, you may submit it instead of taking ORPAT again by attaching it to your online City application. Out of state candidates: If you have a valid and current PAT test from another State, you may submit your score by attaching it to your online City application, so long as it is no more than six months old from time of application.
• Possess and maintain a valid Oregon class C driver's license or other state equivalent and have a driving record that meets the City of Salem's standards.
City application and all testing must be completed on or before October 14, 2019. ORPAT/PAT taken after April 14, 2019 will be accepted as current. Applicants are responsible for contacting NTN and arranging for their own testing.
• Be at least 21 years old at date of hire,
• Be a U.S. Citizen or have the ability to become one within 18 months of hire,
• Be a High School graduate or have completed a G.E.D.,
• Maintain a valid Oregon class C driver's license or other state equivalent and an acceptable driving record.