Entry Level Corrections Deputy
Salary range: $26.63 – $29.16 Hourly.
Three Corrections Deputy positions are actively being recruited until filled. This notice is to seek applicants to participate in the Civil Service Examination for Corrections Deputy. All classified employees/positions within the Sheriff’s Office require a Civil Service Examination.
When the position is open it will be a full-time position sworn (Commissioned) position within the Island County Sheriff’s Office. Deputy performs a variety of duties and responsibilities in the Corrections and Detention facility located at the Island County seat in the Town of Coupeville. Corrections Deputies work in a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week maximum-security jail to maintain facility security by: receiving, booking, maintaining custody of, escorting, transporting, caring for and overseeing offenders. They are also responsible to model pro-social behaviors and promote positive correctional practices.
- Attainment of the minimum age of 21 years. No maximum age requirement.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain prior to employment, a valid Washington State Driver License.
- Be a high school graduate or possess GED certification.
- Be a United States Citizen or a lawful permanent resident who can read and write the English language.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Meet minimum weight and height standards.
- Vision, uncorrected 20/100, corrected to 20/20 on both eyes.