Eligibility List for Douglas County Deputy Sheriff
Salary: $23.27 – $31.02 Hourly.
A structured interview will be weighted at 100%. Veteran points will be added to the score if a DD214 is submitted. Background investigation, pre-employment physical, and psychological post-offer exam must also be passed.
Applications are being accepted for candidates who are:
- Wisconsin law enforcement certifiable ( those who have successfully completed an approved Wisconsin 720-hour academy) at the time of hire;
- Wisconsin law enforcement certified and currently employed by a Wisconsin law enforcement agency, or;
- Employed by a law enforcement agency in another state and eligible to take the Wisconsin law enforcement reciprocity exam.
- Enforce State and local laws and preserve the peace;
- Protect life and property;
- Assist and cooperate with other law enforcement and public safety agencies;
- Appear in court as a witness;
- May speak before public groups, assisting the public with information and education;
- May provide training to new recruits;
- Render first aid;
- Become knowledgeable and adhere to all department rules, regulations, policy, procedures and directives;
- May provide vacation or other temporary relief for supervisor or for other classes as required;
- Perform all other duties pertinent to the position, or as directed by shift commander or senior deputy.
- A two-year Associate degree or a minimum of 60 college credits in criminal justice/police science or a related field is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation and have not been convicted of an offense amounting to a felony unless the judgment of conviction has been reversed or a complete pardon has been granted.