District Police Officer
$30.79 – $42.97 / Per Hour
June 30, 2024 11:59 PM
The goal of a District Police Officer is to provide service, information and aid to students, employees, and visitors and protect all property within the area under control and jurisdiction of the Ector County Independent School District; to exercise judgment with the limit prescribed by Law, Rules and Regulations of the Board of Trustees and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Prepare reports on all activities and performs related duties as assigned by the Chief.
- May be assigned to work day or night
- Perform Police Related responsibilities that follow compliance with the Texas CCP, Penal Code, Education Code, Family Code, Texas Traffic Laws and TCOLE requirements.
- Manage Police reports focusing on maintaining timeline restrictions set by the courts.
- Maintain the licensing requirements set forth by TCOLE.
- Work closely with principals, staff and students; work extra duties as scheduled.
- Maintain high visibility and presence in crowds.
- Abide by ECISD Police Department’s adopted General Orders and ECISD Board Policy.
- Maintain firearms proficiency through a successful annual Firearms Qualification.
- Other duties as assigned by ECISD Chief of Police or designee.
- Be a high school graduate or have passed a General Educational Development test indicating high school equivalency.
- Must hold a basic or higher Certificate issued by TCOLE.
- Applicant who have had a license issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement or any other state law enforcement licensing agency suspended, must furnish the Department a complete written report from the licensing agency regarding the suspension.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Be a citizen of the United States or be able to provide documentation which authorizes them to reside and work in the United States;
- All applicants, regardless of experience, will be required to successfully pass a department approved 14-week Field Training Program
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Satisfactorily meet the requirements of a thorough background investigation conducted by the ECISD Police Department.
- May be required to successfully complete a department approved employment physical and be declared in writing by health care providers to be physically sound and free from any defect which may adversely affect the applicant’s performance of duty as a peace officer.
- Successfully pass a drug screening test.
- Honesty and integrity are integral to the character of all ECISD Police Department employees, therefore any willful omission, misrepresentation, falsification or other action by the applicant that is determined to obscure factual information or mislead investigators shall be cause for immediate termination of the applicant from further consideration.
- Not be currently on court ordered community service or probation for any criminal offense.
- Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor of the classification “Class B”, or its equivalent, within the last five (5) years in any state or federal court.
- Not have been convicted of intoxication offenses as defined by the Texas Penal code, Title 10, Chapter 49.04, 49.05 and 49.06 with the last five years.
- Not have been convicted at any time of a felony offense, or its equivalent “Class A” misdemeanor, or its equivalent in any county, state or federal court.
- Not have been convicted at any time of an offense of family violence.
- Not have any criminal charges pending.
- Not have excessive traffic tickets or accidents.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have been honorable discharged from any and all military service or provide proof of acceptable military re-enlistment eligibility if prior service is uncharacterized.
- Successfully pass a polygraph examination (when requested)