Salary: $41,801.76 Annually.
Under general supervision, performs routine duties in accordance with established policies, regulations, and procedures to maintain order and provide for the security, care, and direct supervision of inmates/residents in housing units, at meals, during recreation, on work assignments, and during all other phases of activity in a correctional facility.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent, and any combination of training and experience which provides the ability to perform job specifications.
- Must complete one (1) year of promotional probation beginning on the date of the promotion.
- Must be able to successfully complete OC (pepper spray) and TASER certification, provided by Madison County.
- Must be able to successfully complete in-house training academy and Field Training program, provided by Madison County.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.