Base Pay: $21.56 – $22.69 / Hour
Employee Type: Regular-FT
Required Degree: High school
Are you looking for a rewarding career in law enforcement? Lewis and Clark County Sheriff’s Office is hiring ten (10) Detention Officers to work in the newly remodeled jail.
Detention Officers are responsible for ensuring safe and smooth operations of the jail. This includes supervising and monitoring incarcerated individuals, transporting, and overseeing the daily activities of the individuals.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalency, be able to successfully pass a criminal background investigation and a thorough background check and successfully complete one hundred sixty (160) hours of P.O.S.T certified Correction/Detention officer basic course and maintain certification.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school. Associates degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or related preferred. Must be able to successfully complete one hundred sixty (160) hours of P.O.S.T. certified Correction/Detention officer basic course.
- Able to successfully complete one hundred sixty (160) hours of P.O.S.T. certified Correction/Detention officer basic course and maintain certification;
- Able to obtain a valid Montana drivers’ license within (30) thirty days of hire;
- Successfully pass a criminal background investigation and a thorough background check;
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background check;
- Be a citizen of the United States or Resident Alien;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a high school graduate or have been issued an equivalency certificate by the Superintendent of Public Instruction, or by an appropriate issuing agency of another state or of the federal government.