Detention Deputy Trainee
The Bay County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications for Detention Deputy Trainee/Correctional Officer Trainee positions. This position is for individuals that have the desire to become a Detention Deputy. Work location will be at the Bay County Sheriff’s Office Jail Facility, 5700 Star Lane. This is for night shift positions, 5:50 P.M. To 6:00 A.M.
- Read, comprehend, and implement actions required to carry out post orders written for assigned post.
- Monitor the safety practices and the preparation and dissemination of reports as required by policy.
- Perform searches of people and objects capable of concealing contraband, buildings and outdoor areas which will involve detecting and identifying objects, moving throughout the facility building(s) and/or grounds for long periods of time and detaining people.
- Function in confined areas including such things as serving food, working rotating shifts, extended patrol and physically checking doors and gates to ensure they are secure. Issue clothing and linen to housing units and
requisitioned supplies as directed.
- Take appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Ability to remain alert and react quickly and calmly in high stress situations.
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- Desire to be a Detention Deputy/Correctional Officer in the State of Florida.
- Applicants will be required to pass a physical abilities test to proceed further in the Selection Process (Must have physician’s release to participate in physical abilities test).
- A valid Florida driver’s license. (4) Clean criminal background.