- Essential job duties are intended to be examples of responsibilities and are not intended to be all-inclusive. There will be other tasks as assigned.
Processing inmates into the detention facility.
- Operate motor vehicles for purpose of job-related tasks.
- Routine security checks of inmates, living quarters, and the facility.
- Monitor cameras and security equipment.
- Transporting inmates to various locations including the courthouse, and medical and dental appointments.
- Patrols various facilities of Spartanburg County to ensure the safety and security of each location.
- Supervises inmates during meals, recreational and related activities for conformance to institutional rules, regulations and procedures.
- Safeguards inmates while escorting them to various locations.
- Performs headcounts and regularly checks on their physical condition.
- Prepares and completes routine records on inmates.
- Completes incident reports when necessary.
- Records inmate visits while inspecting items brought into the detention center.
- Investigates crimes that occur on any detention center property.
- Performs cell searches and checks safety equipment to ensure the facility is safe and secure.
- Takes charge of critical incidents.