Attends BLET at community college as assigned to become certified as a deputy sheriff in accordance with training and standards commission. Deputy Trainees must complete educational and rigorous physical fitness work while in BLET. Deputy Trainee is expected to be alert, tact and firm while performing work in accordance with specific instructions, policies and directions set forth by office. Employees are subject to usual hazards associated with law enforcement including exposure to various hazards such as dangerous persons, loud noises, inside and outside work environment, hot and cold weather. Work may expose the employee to human blood or body fluids and thus the job is subject to the OSHA requirements on blood borne pathogens.
Upon graduation of BLET, the trainee is promoted to Deputy Sheriff 1 and will complete the Lenoir County Sheriff’s Office Field Training Program.
Salary: $ 26,061 – $ 45,917
- Citizen of the United States
- 21 years of age
- Possess a NC Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must be of Good Moral Character
- Responsible Financial History
- Pass a Drug Screen, Medical Exam and Psychological Test
- Pass the Computerized Voice Stress Analysis (CVSA)
- Have not been convicted or committed any crimes as specified in 12 NCAC 09B.0111