Department: Department of Law Enforcement
This position is shift work, twelve hour shifts to include working nights, holiday and weekends. May be required to work irregular hours, unusual shifts and unexpected overtime.
- Annual Salary is $29,120.00
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance available
- Florida State Retirement, if eligible, must contribute 3%
- Direct Deposit
- Salary incentive for Associates, Bachelors, Masters, EMT or Paramedic, foreign language skill
Applications accepted-open ended.
All applications are reviewed by the Office of Professional Standards. Applicants will be notified if disqualified or not chosen for interview. The process is lengthy; applicants will receive notification when interviews are scheduled.
- Must be currently certified in the State of Florida as a Law Enforcement Officer.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Must possess a valid High School Diploma or GED.
- Must not meet any of the disqualifiers as indicated in the employment application.
- Citizen of the United States.
- 19 years or older for sworn positions.
- If served in military, must have honorable, uncharacterized, or general with honorable conditions military discharge.
- Must be able to type 20 wpm.