Deputy Sheriff Trainee
This recruitment is being held to establish an Open Eligible List to fill future vacancies in this class until the next recruitment. At the Department’s discretion, this list may be used to fill lower level positions.
- Age: Must be at least 20 years of age on date of appointment.
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who has filed for citizenship prior to the date of application.
- Education: U.S. High School Diploma –OR- U.S. General Education Development Credential (GED) –OR- A California High School Proficiency Certificate –OR- Have attained a two-year or four-year degree from a U.S. accredited college or university.
- Background: Must have no felony convictions as a juvenile or adult and cannot currently be on any form of probation AND must pass an extensive background investigation to the satisfaction of the Sheriff-Coroner.
- Must have no domestic violence convictions and cannot currently be the subject of a domestic violence restraining order.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid California Driver’s License, Class C or higher by date of appointment.