Deputy Sheriff Trainee
Sign-on Incentive – $3,500.00
$30.60 UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE DEPUTY SHERIFF ACADEMY
We are looking for candidates who possess integrity and strong interpersonal skills. Ideal candidates are skilled problem solvers with the ability to use good judgment while diffusing situations, resolving conflict, and serving others and the community. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you… your adventure with MCSO awaits!
Minimum education and/or experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be twenty (20) years and six (6) months of age at the time of application, and 21 years of age prior to the completion of the Sheriff’s academy.
- Must meet Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) standards, as determined through the pre-employment process.
- Individuals with lapsed Arizona POST certification, and those who have served as a certified peace officer in another state or federal agency, please submit an application for the Deputy Sheriff – Lateral position.
- Specialized training, certifications, and/or other special requirements:
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain by the time of hire, a valid Arizona driver’s license.
Must provide a valid government issued birth certificate at the time of background processing.
- Certified by the State of Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZ POST) as a Peace Officer.