Deputy Sheriff Recruit
Details: $30.76 – $37.39 /hr. + Hiring Incentive
***Hiring Incentive For Regular Full-Time Positions***
New employees hired or current employees promoted into this classification will be eligible for the following hiring incentives:
- Hiring Incentive—paid in first paycheck: $2,000
- Personal Leave credit in first paycheck: 40 hours
- Upon completion of probationary period and meets expectations on performance evaluation: $2,000
- Upon completion of 3 years and meets expectations on performance evaluation: $3,000
- Upon completion of 4 years and meets expectations on performance evaluation: $4,000
- Upon completion of 5 years and meets expectations on performance evaluation: $5,000
GRAND TOTAL: $16,000
The following incentive will only apply to new employees of the County of Tuolumne:
- Up to $2,000 in moving expenses upon approval of the County Administrator. Eligible expenses include payment for a professional moving company, rental of moving equipment such as a truck or trailer, purchase of boxes and packing materials, acquiring housing including first month’s rent and security deposit.
Under direct or general supervision, performs a wide variety of peace officer duties involving the prevention of crime, the protection of life and property, and the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances; assists in criminal investigations and the preparation of case reports; testifies in court; serves in specialized departmental roles as assigned; provides information and assistance to the public; and performs related work as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School graduation or equivalent. Previous volunteer or paid experience in a law enforcement support area is desirable.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
Obtain a Basic Certificate issued by the California State Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) within one (1) year of employment.
Obtain and maintain firearms qualification within one (1) year of employment