Deputy Sheriff Positions
The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office seeks qualified applicants to join our team as a Deputy Sheriff. We welcome all candidates who want to serve their community by pursuing a law enforcement career.
The Deputy Sheriff 1 is the entry level class in a two level classification series. The Deputy Sheriff 1 classification is distinguished from the Deputy Sheriff 2 classification by performance of more entry-level law enforcement duties with less complexity. Work is performed under regular or frequent supervisory review for adherence to policy, authority, and procedures of the Sheriff’s office.
Required Education and Experience – Entry Level Candidates
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Required Education and Experience – Lateral Candidates
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).; AND
- One year of employment as a full-time (full police powers) commissioned law enforcement officer for a state police/patrol, county sheriff’s office or municipal police agency; AND
- Successfully completed an agency’s law enforcement patrol FTO and probationary program; AND
- Applicants must be currently employed or not be separated from employment for more than one year as a full-time, commissioned law enforcement officer by a state police/patrol, county sheriff’s office or municipal police agency at the time of application.