Deputy Sheriff – Patrol
Salary: $32.10- 40.21.
The Deputy Sheriff – Patrol performs general law enforcement patrol duties to include but not limited to: response to incidents, traffic control, routine patrol, investigation of crimes, and related activities. This is a generalist position that emphasizes the application of modern law enforcement methods and general law enforcement duties. This individual will exercise a good deal of discretion and independence while performing a variety of law enforcement duties and tasks.
- Monitor activity within assigned patrol area, taking necessary enforcement or assistance action as appropriate to specific incidents that occur.
- Self-initiate appropriate activity when not involved with assigned tasks.
- Respond to and take appropriate action when given specific assignments.
- Properly document actions and follow applicable reporting and administrative requirements.
- Promptly and appropriately communicate information concerning activities and observations.
- Learn, develop, and appropriately apply general law enforcement skills.
- Must be eligible for Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board Certification or be enrolled to attend the WI Law Enforcement Recruit Academy.
- Minimum of 60 college credits in addition to high school diploma or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizen; minimum age – 18.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Ability to possess a firearm.
- No Felony convictions; No Domestic Abuse convictions.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge and skills in operating computer systems.
- Clear and concise speech.
- Ability to perform essential job functions of this position.
- Ability to obtain and retain certification as a “law enforcement officer” by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Standards Board if not already certified.
- Must move within a 15 mile boundary of Ozaukee County within 6 months of completing probation; probation is 1 year.