Deputy Sheriff – Patrol Division
Louisa County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a full time Deputy Sheriff
DUTIES: The Primary function of the Deputy Sheriff – Patrol Division position is routine patrol, responding to calls for service, traffic enforcement, crime prevention and enforcement and other law enforcement duties as required. This position is parallel to our Mission Statement – to provide for the peace and security of the County of Louisa. Applications accepted until position is filled.
• Must have high school diploma or GED
• 21 yrs of age or older
• Be able to pass background check and drug screen
• Possess valid Va. operator’s license and a good driving record.
• Applicant will be required to attend and successfully complete Criminal
Justice Academy training to be certified
• Certified applicants preferred, but entry level will be considered
• Applicants must be willing to work 12 hour shifts and be available for callouts.