Deputy Sheriff – Patrol
Closes On: June 16, 2022 at 12:00 AM CST
Hiring Range: $20.10 – $21.90 DOQ Law Enforcement Officer Certification preferred.
- Patrols an assigned area of the county to prevent crime, locate and apprehend criminal suspects, preserve the peace, and protect life and property.
- Performs routine patrol, building, home, and suspicious vehicle checks.
- Assists stranded motorists.
- Apprehends/arrest offenders, aids victims, performs crown control, facilitates conflict resolution, prepares reports, performs interviews, responds to assistance calls, and testifies in court.
- Responds to crime scenes, investigates crimes, and prepares incident reports.
- Resolves domestic conflicts to ensure public peace.
- Facilitates the movement of traffic through accident scenes and during times of mass public gathering.
- Issues tickets.
- Establishes roadblocks.
- Secures accident scenes and aids the injured.
- Transports prisoners, mental patients and juveniles.
Experience: Must be 21 years of age with no Felony Criminal Record or Domestic Violence Record.
Education: High School Diploma or GED, Certified as a Kansas Law Enforcement Officer.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Kansas Driver’s License