Deputy Sheriff – Patrol
Closes On: December 30, 2022 at 12:00 AM CS
Details: Hiring Range: $20.10 – $21.90 DOQ, Kansas Law Enforcement
*$1.00/hour shift differential** *Overtime Opportunities*
**3% pay increase at successful completion of 6 months of employment**
The Deputy Sheriff is responsible for performing general law enforcement duties in the protection of life and property. Ensure the safety and security of county property and the county jail. The enforcement of all laws and ordinances, maintaining compliance with traffic violations and investigations, patrol of the county, investigation of crimes, and the serving of civil process. Works under general supervision
- Serve of civil papers
- Accident investigation
- Traffic enforcement
- Law enforcement: Enforce state statues and effect arrests when needed.
- Response to medical emergencies.
- Field training of new deputies.
- Report writing, GPR/offense/arrest reports.
- Making split second decisions, in which others are able to decipher after many hours of review.
- Complete probable cause reports.
- Collect and log evidence. Forward evidence for processing.
- Inspect and maintain patrol unit.
- Conduct follow up.
- Check and maintain duty gear.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
- Must be 21 years of age with no felony criminal record or domestic violence record.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; plus 1-3 years law enforcement experience generally preferred.
- Certified as a Kansas Law Enforcement Officer
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Eligible for Master Deputy after 5 years of service with Miami County Sheriff