Deputy Sheriff – Patrol
Botetourt County Sheriff’s Office is currently accepting applications to fill Deputy Sheriff- Patrol.
The Deputy Sheriff- Patrol possess thorough knowledge pertinent federal, state and local laws and ordinances; law enforcement support service; law enforcement practices and procedures; the rules, regulations and policies of Botetourt County and the Sheriff’s Office.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School graduate or equivalent (prefer criminal justice training through accredited academy in Virginia or Criminal Justice degree, but not mandatory)
- No criminal record.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with good driving record.
- Good credit history
- Must pass a psychological screening test
- Must pass physical exam
- Citizen of the United States or have valid proof that citizenship is being sought