Deputy Sheriff (Laterals)
$54,081.00 – $89,294.00 Annually
6/30/2024 11:59 PM Eastern
Performs technical level sheriff operations work under general supervision from a technical superior. Work includes serving civil and criminal papers; maintaining court room security; and maintaining security of and transporting prisoners. An employee in this class will serve a 12-month probationary period.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Processes and serves civil and criminal summons, from in and out of State
- Service of domestic violence related protective orders
- Service of emergency petitions for mental health evaluations
- Transports prisoners as per court orders
- Preserves order during court sessions and maintains court security.
- Enforces all State and County laws.
- Levies and seizes property on judgment, and collects money and fees.
- Makes arrests on Warrants and civil body attachments.
- Works with various Local, State, and Federal officers in cooperative law enforcement efforts.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of law enforcement practices, court procedures, and process serving regulations.
- Knowledge of Civil process procedures
- Knowledge of Local, State, and Federal laws.
- Ability to use issued/approved firearms
- Ability to prepare records and reports.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and/or written directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.