Deputy Sheriff – Lateral Transfer
Starting salary is between $76,876 – $107,556 – based on qualifications.
Current top pay is $111,883
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN LAW ENFORCEMENT and looking for growth opportunities to enhance your career, the Lake County Sheriff’s Office Merit Commission is currently accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff in the Lake County Sheriff’s Office.
The general function of the position within the organization is to perform complex work related to the protection of life, persons, and property of the citizens of Lake County through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. The position is under moderate supervision. Duties include, but are not limited to, responding to dispatch calls for service to involve emergency and non-emergency situations; investigating crimes, suspicious conditions and responding to complaints. The Deputy Sheriff is also responsible for arresting persons suspected of violating ordinances and statutes, including use of physical force as necessary to subdue suspects. A person in this position will interview offenders and victims of crimes; appear in court to testify on behalf of the County; serve warrants, summons; speak to organized groups or the general public about various law enforcement activities; and coordinate special education programs.
YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY WORKING AS A FULL-TIME CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER.
- Available to work all shifts, including holidays and weekends.
- Currently employed as a Certified Police Officer; and,
- Good standing in their department as of the date of certification by the Merit Commission; and,
- Two years of full-time, continuous experience with a law enforcement agency, the definition of which includes, but is not limited to, authority to make arrest and carry firearms; and,
- Successfully completed Illinois Basic Police Officer Training, or successfully completed Basic Police Officer Training Program which can be transferred and accepted by the Illinois State Training Board.
For good reason shown, including but not limited to when necessary to comply with federal or state laws and regulations, the Commission may consider lateral candidates who are not currently employed by law enforcement agencies at the time of application or certification.
Only on-line applications will be accepted. There is no fee. In addition, when requested, you will be required to provide a copy of your birth certificate or naturalization, a copy of your high school diploma or GED, and a copy of your law enforcement certificate. If you have any questions, please email the Merit Commission: email@example.com.
Lake County Government offers a competitive salary and benefit package, and is committed to being an employer of choice.
ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS CONDITIONED ON THE SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT MEDICAL EXAM, WHICH INCLUDES A DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREEN AND A BACKGROUND SCREENING.
Lake County is an Equal Opportunity Employer