Deputy Sheriff – Lateral
$27.99 – $37.62 Hourly
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL SERVE A 12 MONTH TRIAL SERVICE PERIOD.
***THIS JOB OPENING IS FOR CURRENT CERTIFIED (OREGON, OTHER STATES OR FEDERAL) APPLICANTS ONLY.
- Intervene in disputes and maintain order:
- Issue citations to violators; make arrests; transport offenders in custody to jail or institutions:
- Maintain records and prepare reports necessary for efficient successful Investigations, crime prevention, prosecution, and office procedurals:
- Testify in court, grand jury, preliminary hearings and Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) hearings as a witness:
- Train other employees in specific areas of expertise, including (but not limited to) patrol tactics, use of force, firearms, tasers, defensive tactics and customer service:
- Perform specialized assignments as needed according to the employee’s abilities and skills and the needs of the Sheriff’s Office:
- Provide boating safety, crime prevention and other law enforcement related classes and lectures to the public:
- Conduct death investigations including those of natural causes, accidental, and murder:
- Conduct death notifications to next of kin.
Minimum Education Level
1 – High School Diploma / GED
Specifics: Two years college level education in law enforcement or related field preferred; at least 21 years of age and reside within two hours of the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office; citizen of the US within 18 months of hire.
Minimum Experience Level
Specifics: Must meet minimum DPSST requirements. If non-certified in Oregon, must be able to complete the 16-week academy at DPSST. Required to obtain National Incident Management System (NIMS) certification. Must achieve and maintain CPR/first aid certification and become LEDS/NCIC certified
Oregon Driver’s License required
Specifics: Position requires extensive use of county vehicles.
Desirable Qualifications: Must be free of conviction of a crime designated under the law where the conviction occurred as being punishable as a felony or as a crime for which a maximum term of imprisonment of more than one (1) year may be imposed; or of violating any law involving the unlawful use, possession, delivery, or manufacture of a controlled substance, narcotic, or dangerous drug. Dishonorable or undesirable discharge from the military is cause for disqualification. Must be able to pass a law enforcement background check. A psychological assessment will also be administered. Must reside within two hours of the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.