Deputy Sheriff (Jail)
Salary: $54,080.00 – $69,534.40 Annually
Closing: 1/10/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
SHERIFF DEPUTY (JAIL / CORRECTIONS) KOOTENAI COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
** Now offering local Detention Academy opportunities. Train where you serve.**
SUMMARY: Detention Deputy – No degree required; paid certification training, quality on the job training, and on-going career training; special teams; strong team atmosphere; and advancement opportunities.
KOOTENAI COUNTY DEPUTY SHERIFF, JAIL – NOT JUST A JOB, A REWARDING CAREER!
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND TESTING ON THE FOLLOWING DAY:
The written and physical agility tests will be held the morning of Tuesday, January 10, 2023.
The oral board interview will be held the afternoon of Tuesday, January 10, 2023 for all those who successfully complete the written and physical agility tests. Please come prepared to participate in an interview.
NOW SOME INFORMATION ON THE POSITION:
The mission of the Jail is to hold safely and securely all prisoners lawfully committed to the custody of the Kootenai County Sheriff, and those delivered by competent authority to the jail. While in custody, prisoners shall be afforded all rights and privileges guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and the State of Idaho.
- $26.00 – $33.43 per hour (includes the .50 shift differential)
- Extensive paid training, including the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training Academy (POST).
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 12.28% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month. Comprehensive benefits package.
- Do you have student loan debt? This position is Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligible allowing employees who qualify 100% student loan forgiveness.
Click here to view the full job description.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Rewarding and meaningful work, providing a necessary service to your community
- No need to travel for academy training. POST Basic Patrol Academy offered locally.
- Ongoing paid educational and training opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Special team’s opportunities: Detention Response Team, Range, Sonar Team and more.
- Beautiful area to live and work
- Annual increase in pay as outlined in Kootenai County Sworn Officer Matrix
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Do you have at least a High School Diploma or GED? No college degree required.
- Do you have at least 12months of work experience?
- Do you possess or have the ability to possess a driver’s license and be insurable?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Please view the automatic disqualifiers for working with the Sheriff’s Office before applying.
WE WELCOME LATERAL DEPUTIES AND CORRECTIONS OFFICERS:
In order to qualify as a Lateral Detention Deputy for the Kootenai County Sheriff’s Office, the following minimum requirements must be met:
- Must meet all of the minimum requirements as an entry level applicant and;
- Must have successfully completed a POST certified Basic Detention, Corrections or comparable Federal Academy and;
- Must have a minimum of twenty-four (24) months experience in a detention/corrections facility as a detention deputy/corrections officer.
- Lateral Candidates only: please call the number below for a rate of pay quote
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR APPLYING: We are looking for individuals with the character to be completely truthful in their application materials. During every stage of the process please list accurate information in your responses. Information which is omitted or minimized can disqualify you before we have the opportunity to meet you. If you have any questions regarding this job opportunity please do not hesitate to call, we look forward to speaking with you.
Connect with the Sheriff’s Office recruiting team at KCSOrecruit@kcgov.us any time before or after your initial testing. We are here to answer your questions.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (208)446-1304
Located in beautiful northern Idaho, and home to approximately 171,000 residents, Kootenai County is surrounded by scenic mountains and more than twenty pristine lakes–an outdoor enthusiast’s dream. The largest city and county seat is located in Coeur d’Alene and is on the majestic shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene. Learn more about living in Kootenai County.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.kcgov.us . Must successfully pass the County’s pre-employment and subsequent random drug tests. Must also pass a stringent Sheriff’s Office background and selection process to include: Oral Board, Polygraph Examination, Psychological Evaluation and Medical Examination.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace