Deputy Sheriff II – Lateral
$98,971.23 – $120,280.73 Annually
The Sheriff’s Office is currently offering a $30,000 signing bonus paid over three installments during the first three years of service.
Other incentives which may be offered, if applicable, include:
- Advanced paid vacation and/or sick leave (up to 24 hours per leave type)
- Relocation reimbursement up to $5,000
Do You Meet the Criteria?
This full-time, working-level position in the Deputy Sheriff job series is for individuals who meet one of the following criteria:
- Possess a California Commission of Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Basic Certificate, which includes at least one (1) year of recent, full-time paid experience as a Law Enforcement Officer with a city, county, state, or federal police agency; OR
- Are out-of-state* law enforcement officers possessing a California POST Basic Course Waiver (BCW), and at least one (1) year of recent, full-time paid experience as a Law Enforcement Officer with a city, county, state, or federal police agency
Out-of-state applicants are encouraged to apply. In order to qualify for this position, applicants must obtain a California POST BCW prior to applying. Corrections experience is not applicable. Please review the Selection Procedure section of this job announcement for further information.
The Sheriff’s Office is eager to recruit and develop Deputy Sheriffs who have exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills in order to effectively interact with our diverse community, work independently, and make appropriate decisions during times of emergencies and in the midst of stressful situations. Additionally, the most qualified candidates will bring:
- A Basic P.O.S.T certificate
- One or more years of experience working patrol for another agency
- Knowledge of California laws
- Experience testing in a court of law
- Some knowledge of Sonoma County and demographics