Deputy Sheriff I/II
$25.18 – $35.00 Hourly
2/28/2023 4:00 PM Pacific
Candidates may be hired for either:
- Deputy Sheriff I: Entry-level with no/minimal prior law enforcement experience and training. $25.18 per hour, essential functions of position are outlined in this job posting.
- Deputy Sheriff II: Candidates who hold a current Nevada POST Category I Certificate (or a reciprocal certificate from another state). Certificate must be attached to this application for consideration. Job description and salary range for Deputy Sheriff II can be found here. Salary is dependent on experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School education/GED; AND:
- Must be 21 years of age at time of hire.
- Must be Citizen of the United States at time of testing for the position.
- Must have no convictions of any crime for which registration in the State of Nevada is required pursuant to NRS 207.090 or 207.152.
- No DUI conviction within the last 5 years.
- No crime conviction for Domestic Violence.
- No drug use/sales within 5 years.